Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Facing Fears

In my experiment i called my mom and told her that my girlfriend was pregnant.  My fear was not being able to stick to my plan because of an extreme mishap. The class was shocked i chose my mother to experiment on but understood what I was talking about. Ms. Beth said she would make a new rule because of it. My expected reaction from my mother was completely wrong. She did not cuss me out, she was not thrilled but she was not completely negative. She was very supportive and made me feel like I still had a chance and there was still hope for my personal future. Most importantly she made me feel as though she knew it wasn't something I couldn't handle. This made me feel even more confident about what Im doing. Im not sure I would do something like that to my Mom again but if I did it would be to her face so I could see the reaction.
Sadly I dont know the name of the girl that did my favorite project which was passing out slips of paper to everyone to find out what their opinion of her was. She did this to escape the fear of being judged Im always focused on trying to be friendly because I know what I can be perceived as give the way I dress and my hair etc...  This project made me think that in my project thats what I wanted, to find out how I would be judged. In mine however I learned about her feelings on me, my girl, and the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment